These Pepperoni Pinwheels Are as Tasty as They Are Pretty
These pepperoni pinwheels may look tricky to create, but they're actually pretty simple. And even better — they taste delicious.
Pepperoni pinwheel recipe
- 1 box frozen puff pastry
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 40 HORMEL® Pepperoni slices
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Thaw the puff pastry, then roll it out on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut one puff pastry sheet into 4 squares with a pizza cutter.
- Cut 2-inch lines down each side toward the center of the square.
- Place a tablespoon of ricotta in the center of the dough and spread it out.
- Place 1 tablespoon of marinara on the ricotta and spread it around.
- Place 5 pepperonis on the marinara and fold each corner to the center creating a smaller square.
- Take the same corner of each piece and fold it to the center creating your pinwheel.
- Place it on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Mix your egg and water to create an egg wash.
- Using a pastry brush, brush your pinwheels with the egg wash.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden-brown.
This post was sponsored by Hormel Foods.