Black Friday cocktail to help you detox from all that shopping
Need something to steel yourself for Black Friday shopping — or maybe to recover from it? We've got just the thing. Say hello to the Black Tie White Noise, created by New York City and Las Vegas hot spot Beauty & Essex.
The cocktail contains activated charcoal, which gives it the black coloring. It's also known to remove toxins, so you can detox from all that fighting over big-screen TVs and scarves. And it prevents bloating, which is probably what you're going to do after that Thanksgiving dinner. Maybe hold onto the recipe through the entire holiday season. Just a suggestion.
Black Tie White Noise recipe
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 3/4 ounce lemon zest
- 1/2 ounce yellow chartreuse
- 1-1/2 ounces Gentleman Jack
- 1/4 ounce Bruichladdich Port Charlotte Scotch
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 capsule activated charcoal
- 1/4 cup sanding sugar
- Combine the ingredients in a shaker. Stir until the activated charcoal dissolves. Add ice cubes and stir again until chilled.
- Wet the rim of a chilled coupe glass with cut lemon and dip it into the sanding sugar. Strain the cocktail into the glass.
Before you go, check out our slideshow below.