Cute little stuffed potato poppers are the life of the party
I love when the cooler weather hits. That is my excuse for pulling out all of my holiday decorations and creating a festive and colorful home! There is nothing I love more than being together with my family, snuggled warm by the fire, enjoying each other's company with delicious food at the ready. These sour cream stuffed new potatoes are the perfect afternoon snack for my kids or filling appetizer for my upcoming holiday parties.
Made with creamy Daisy Sour Cream, cheddar, smoky bacon and onions these potatoes come alive with flavor. This recipe is a personal favorite of my husband’s and I enlisted his help in the kitchen.
Check out the video of us in the kitchen and learn some of my favorite cozy ideas for winter decorating!
Sour cream stuffed new potatoes
- 2 pounds of small red potatoes (1 1/2 to 2 inches in diameter)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cooked, crumbled bacon, divided
- 2 teaspoons mashed garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper,
- 1/4 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onion, plus more for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a large deep pan, place the potatoes and enough water to cover and bring to a boil.
- Boil until just tender, about 8 minutes.
- Drain and let cool.
- Cut tops off potatoes
- Cut a thin slice off the round end of each potato so they can stand upright.
- Using a melon baler, scoop out the centers of the potatoes, leaving a 1/4-inch thick shell.
- Reserve the potato pulp.
- In a medium bowl, combine the potato pulp, sour cream, 1/4 cup bacon, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Mash with a potato masher until well combined.
- Stir in the Cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese and green onions.
- Sprinkle the insides of the potato shells with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Spoon the potato mixture evenly into the potato shells and top with the remaining 1/4 cup bacon.
- Place the stuffed potatoes on the prepared baking sheet and bake until lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions.
This post is sponsored by Daisy® Sour Cream.