Carrot parsnip latkes recipe
Courtesy of Weelicious
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 12 minutes | Total time: 17 minutes
- 2 large carrots, peeled
- 2 large parsnips, peeled
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Grate the carrots and parsnips on the large side of a box grater.
- Place all the ingredients, except the oil, in a bowl and combine thoroughly.
- Add a thin coating of oil in the bottom of a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Using an ice cream scoop or a 2-tablespoon measure, place the mixture in the oil, and press down to form a flat circle.
- Cook latkes for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until golden. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Serve warm with applesauce.
To freeze: After cooking, allow the latkes to cool, place them on a baking sheet in the freezer for 30 minutes, then transfer to a labeled zipper bag or other freezer container for up to 4 months. When ready to cook, defrost in the fridge overnight or place frozen latkes in a 300 degree F oven for 10 minutes or until warmed through.
Next: Pumpkin pie parfaits