Cinnamon streusel coffee cake recipe
Courtesy of Weelicious
Serves 8 – 10
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 45 minutes | Total time: 55 minutes
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup (packed) brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or with a handheld mixer, cream together the butter and sugar for 4 to 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, making sure to fully incorporate each one before adding the next one.
- Add the vanilla and mix it in.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Alternately add the flour mixture and the sour cream to the butter until combined.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, walnuts, cinnamon and melted butter, and stir to combine well.
- Pour half the batter into a greased Bundt pan and smooth it down with a spatula, as this batter is thick and fluffy.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar mixture all over the batter in the Bundt pan and pat it down lightly.
- Pour in the remaining batter and smooth it down with a spatula.
- Place the Bundt pan in the oven and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.