Think it’s too early to start planning your holiday dinner menus? Ha! We don’t either. It’s mid-October; let the obsessing and pinning begin, we say. We tapped expert at Weelicious Catherine McCord (check out her presentation at #BlogHer16) for some of her favorite holiday recipes that will work for Thanksgiving, Hanukkah or Christmas.
Winter citrus salad recipe
Courtesy of Weelicious
Serves 4 – 6
Total time: 6 minutes
- 1 (16 ounce) bag arugula or mixed greens
- 2 blood, cara cara and/or navel oranges, peeled and sliced or sectioned
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon blood, cara cara or navel orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Place the greens in a large salad bowl. Top with the blood orange slices, pomegranate seeds, almonds, shallots and fennel.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the blood orange juice, vinegar and olive oil. Pour it over the salad and toss to combine.