The Emmys air this weekend! Are you ready with your snacks and drink? You could rely on your usual bottle of white wine, but we’ve got some more-exciting options for you. Here are two cocktails created by mixologist Johnny Swet of The Skylark in New York City — one inspired by Downton Abbey, the other inspired by Game of Thrones. Which will win? You decide.
The Earl (Grey) of Grantham recipe
Inspired by Downton Abbey
- 2 ounces Earl Grey gin
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce thyme syrup
- Shake all the ingredients with ice. Strain into a tall glass.
- Garnish with fresh thyme sprigs and ice cubes.
To make thyme syrup, heat 1/2 cup of sugar with 1/2 cup of water until the sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat, and add a thyme sprig. Infuse overnight, and then strain.
Fire & Ice recipe
Inspired by Game of Thrones
- 1.5 ounces Hendrick’s gin
- 1 ounce Zu Grass vodka
- 1/2 ounce St. Germain
- 1/4 ounce blue curaçao
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- Shake all the ingredients with ice. Strain into a martini glass.
- Garnish with a brandied cherry.
Before you go, check out our slideshow below: