Don't sit down to watch the Emmys until you've mixed these cocktails
The Emmys air this weekend! Are you ready with your snacks and drink? You could rely on your usual bottle of white wine, but we've got some more-exciting options for you. Here are two cocktails created by mixologist Johnny Swet of The Skylark in New York City — one inspired by Downton Abbey, the other inspired by Game of Thrones. Which will win? You decide.
The Earl (Grey) of Grantham recipe
Inspired by Downton Abbey
- 2 ounces Earl Grey gin
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce thyme syrup
- Shake all the ingredients with ice. Strain into a tall glass.
- Garnish with fresh thyme sprigs and ice cubes.
To make thyme syrup, heat 1/2 cup of sugar with 1/2 cup of water until the sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat, and add a thyme sprig. Infuse overnight, and then strain.
Fire & Ice recipe
Inspired by Game of Thrones
- 1.5 ounces Hendrick's gin
- 1 ounce Zu Grass vodka
- 1/2 ounce St. Germain
- 1/4 ounce blue curaçao
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- Shake all the ingredients with ice. Strain into a martini glass.
- Garnish with a brandied cherry.
Before you go, check out our slideshow below: