Mix up a desert eagle tiki cocktail and enjoy the peaceful, easy feeling
As we watch the last embers of summer die in mid-September, just days before the autumn equinox, let's toast to the end of a crazy summer with this águila del desierto. That's Spanish for desert eagle, a tequila-based cocktail created by Glady's, a fine Caribbean joint in Brooklyn, New York. And it's as good an excuse as any to pick up some banana liqueur and a couple of those tiki mugs.
This recipe does call for some specialty liqueurs. You could try making your own banana liqueur or adding a bit of banana purée.
Águila del desierto (desert eagle)
- 1-3/4 ounces Blue Nectar Reposado Extra Blend Tequila
- 3/4 ounce banana liqueur
- 3/4 ounce Bittermens Tepache or other pineapple liqueur
- 3/4 ounce pineapple juice
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
- Pine leaves, a scored lime shell and/or pineapple wedge for garnish
- Combine all the ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously.
- Pour into a tiki mug and top with pebbled ice.
- Garnish with pine leaves, a scored lime shell and pineapple wedge.
Before you go, check out our slideshow below.