Adele, you don't have to give up pizza
"I can’t eat pizza anymore, guys. How bad is that?" Adele announced to her adoring fans at a concert recently according to British newspaper the Daily Star. "Because it’s got cooked tomatoes on it, which are bad for your throat and give you acid reflux."
"How bad is that, that I can’t eat pizza. Can you get over that?"
No, you cannot. And for that reason we have a very important message for Adele: If tomatoes are what's stopping you from eating pizza there's hope. And that hope is known as white pizza. You know, pizza made without tomato sauce, usually with loads of ricotta, garlic, olive oil, and mozzarella?
Adele, we've got you covered. You can even make it yourself.
- Take a regular pizza pie crust and drizzle it with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with grated mozzarella.
- Add spoonfuls of fresh ricotta all over.
- Top with arugula and/or shredded prosciutto — maybe even some halved figs and fresh rosemary.
- Bake at the highest temperature your oven will go just until cheese is bubbly and toasted.
- Enjoy not having acid reflux, much (we hope, fingers crossed).
Now, is all that cheese good for your throat or acid reflux? I don't know. Maybe go light on the cheese, too. But at least you can say that you tried.