2 twists on s'mores you can make anywhere, no campfire necessary
We're not knocking the OG, s'mores. The classic will live long as No. 1 in our hearts. But sometimes you want a little variety with your chocolate-marshmallow-graham cracker situation. So here are two fun twists worth trying. S'mores pops are so birthday party-ready. I can see those going home with kids in glassine bags. And s'mores in a cup is basically single-serve chocolate-marshmallow nachos. Hell yes, why am I not making that for myself right now?
S'mores pops recipe
Prep time: 15 minutes | Inactive time: 5 minutes | Total: 20 minutes
- 2 (1.55-ounce) Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bars
- 1 teaspoon shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil)
- 12 large marshmallows
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 12 lollipop sticks
- Line a cookie sheet or tray with waxed paper. Remove the wrappers from the chocolate bars, and break them into pieces.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, place the chocolate and shortening. Microwave at medium (50 percent) for 1 minute, and stir. If necessary, microwave at medium for an additional 10 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth when stirred.
- One at a time, dip about half of each marshmallow into the melted chocolate, and shake off any excess chocolate. Immediately sprinkle the chocolate portion with graham cracker crumbs, or dip it into the graham cracker crumbs for heavier coating. Place the uncoated side on the prepared sheet. Push a lollipop stick through the top of the chocolate about halfway into marshmallow. Repeat the procedure with the remaining marshmallows. Refrigerate for about 5 minutes or until firm. Store in a cool, dry place.
S'mores in a cup recipe
Total time: 5 minutes
- 1 full-size graham cracker sheet
- 1/2 (1.55-ounce) Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bar
- 15 miniature marshmallows
- Break the graham cracker and chocolate bar into pieces. Place in a microwave-safe bowl or cup, and shake gently or stir to mix up the pieces.
- Microwave at high (100 percent) for 15 seconds. Add the marshmallows, and microwave for an additional 10 seconds at high. Serve immediately.