What is it that we love the most about sparkling cocktails? Is it the chilled bubbles? The subtle sweetness? The way they glitter in the glass? Here’s a ginger sparkler recipe created by Chloe Wine Collection. I got to try it out at a “secret” outdoor dinner party, and it has just the right combination of sophistication, splashy summer fun and pixie magic — perfection.
Chloe ginger sparkler recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes | Steep time: 4 hours | Assembly time: 5 minutes | Total time: 5 hours 10 minutes
- 12 ounces lemonade
- 6 – 12 fresh basil leaves
- 12 ounces Chloe (or other label) prosecco
- 4 ounces water
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root, minced
- 2 ounces sugar
- 4 slices lemon peel, for garnish
- Into a pitcher, pour the lemonade, and add the basil leaves. Steep in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, to a small saucepan, add the water, ginger and syrup. Heat on medium until the sugar dissolves completely. Strain into a container, and let cool in the refrigerator.
- Once the lemonade has steeped and the simple syrup is chilled, pour 3 ounces of lemonade and 1 ounce of ginger simple syrup into each 8-ounce highball glass, and stir until combined. Add 3 ounces of prosecco to each glass, tipping the glass slightly as you pour. Garnish with the lemon peel.
Before you go, check out our slideshow below.