Ginger lemonade sparklers for when your midsummer night needs pixie dust
What is it that we love the most about sparkling cocktails? Is it the chilled bubbles? The subtle sweetness? The way they glitter in the glass? Here's a ginger sparkler recipe created by Chloe Wine Collection. I got to try it out at a "secret" outdoor dinner party, and it has just the right combination of sophistication, splashy summer fun and pixie magic — perfection.
Chloe ginger sparkler recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes | Steep time: 4 hours | Assembly time: 5 minutes | Total time: 5 hours 10 minutes
- 12 ounces lemonade
- 6 – 12 fresh basil leaves
- 12 ounces Chloe (or other label) prosecco
- 4 ounces water
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root, minced
- 2 ounces sugar
- 4 slices lemon peel, for garnish
- Into a pitcher, pour the lemonade, and add the basil leaves. Steep in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, to a small saucepan, add the water, ginger and syrup. Heat on medium until the sugar dissolves completely. Strain into a container, and let cool in the refrigerator.
- Once the lemonade has steeped and the simple syrup is chilled, pour 3 ounces of lemonade and 1 ounce of ginger simple syrup into each 8-ounce highball glass, and stir until combined. Add 3 ounces of prosecco to each glass, tipping the glass slightly as you pour. Garnish with the lemon peel.
Before you go, check out our slideshow below.