Cookie Monster Oreo truffles will give you all the nostalgic feels
We've got an extra-special treat from our favorite celeb chef: Cookie Monster Oreo truffles! Yes, our favorite blue monster (OK, tied with Grover) and the creature we channel whenever we're hangry is here to demonstrate how to make these crazy-easy truffles using the new chocolate chip-flavored Oreos and some googly eyes.
"Me love all cookies," Cookie told SheKnows, "and me love easy recipes. Me think this best recipe me ever make, so you go make it now. Make it now!"
Say it with us all now: Om nom nom nom nom!
Cookie Monster Oreo truffles recipe
- 3 packs new Choco Chip Oreos (reserve 10 for decoration)
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 bag blue candy melts
- 12 candy eyes
- Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper, and set it aside.
- Into a food processor, place 36 Oreos, and pulse into fine crumbs.
- To the bowl of a stand mixer, add the crushed Oreos along with the cream cheese, and mix on low speed until well combined.
- Scoop out the mixture about 1 tablespoon at a time, form into 1-inch balls, and place the balls on the lined cookie sheet.
- Place the truffles in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- While the truffles are getting cold, use a butter knife or icing smoother to remove the filling from the cookies, and use a serrated knife to cut the remaining cookies into quarters, creating 4 triangles. Try to keep the rounded edges intact.
- Melt the blue candy melts.
- Remove the truffles from the freezer, roll them to smooth any roughness, and dip them in the blue candy melts. Use a spoon to pour some candy melt over the top, and then lift the balls to allow excess candy melt to run off.
- Return the balls to the baking sheet, immediately add 2 eyes to each truffle, and place the cookie pieces as the mouths.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator — or devour them all immediately.
Before you go, check out our slideshow below: