Last time you had Sour Patch Kids, you were probably too young for booze, we’re guessing. Well, the Kids are back, and this time they’re going to assist with your party. Plunk a few into a shot of flavored vodka, and hello — the ’90s are back and better than ever.
These sweet-and-sour shots take two seconds to make. Let them “steep” just a few minutes, and throw ’em back. First you’ll taste a hit of boozy tart, followed by the sweet chews. It’s the best of both worlds.
More: Sour Patch martini
Sour Patch Kids vodka shots recipe
Total time: 2 minutes
- 2 cups Sour Patch Kids, divided
- 20 ounces flavored vodka (we like Smirnoff Sourced pineapple)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 lime, zested
- To a shallow bowl, add the sugar, lemon and lime zest. Mix until combined.
- To a shallow plate, add about 1/4 cup of water (or vodka), and dip the shot glasses into the water. (This will help the sugar stick to the rims of the shot glasses.)
- Once you dip the shot glasses into the water, immediately dip them into the sugar mixture.
- Add 2 – 3 Sour Patch Kids to each shot glass.
- Add 1/2 cup of Sour Patch Kids and the vodka to a cocktail shaker, working in batches. (You can use your favorite flavored vodka or regular vodka — the vodka will begin to taste like Sour Patch Kids the more they sit.)
- Shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Fill each shot glass with 2 ounces of the candy-infused vodka.