Here is the cruel irony of summer. You’ve got all this amazing fresh fruit perfect for baking, but it’s too hot to turn on the oven. Well, here’s one solution.
This super-simple peach cobbler recipe cooks in the microwave. Oh, and it’s gluten-free too! Sauté the peaches right on your stovetop, pour into ramekins, top with oatmeal crumble, and finish it off in the microwave. You can top your cobbler with Greek yogurt or vanilla ice cream, and you’ll have a summertime dessert that cannot be beat.
Make this for a summertime get-together, and all your guests will be super impressed — you don’t have to tell them it’s a dessert that takes only 10 minutes.
Peach cobbler recipe
Prep time: 2 minutes | Cook time: 7 minutes | Total time: 9 minutes
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 peaches, sliced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon mint, minced
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats*
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter, and then add the sliced peaches.
- Add the cinnamon, vanilla and brown sugar. Sauté, stirring occasionally, until the peaches are tender, about 5 minutes.
- While the peaches cook, make the crumble.
- To a bowl, add the almond flour, oats and the remaining butter. Using your hands, mush all the ingredients together until crumbs form.
- Pour the cooked peaches equally divided into prepared ramekins. Top with mint and oatmeal crumb.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes, and serve.