Grilled Mexican street corn needs to happen now because it's summer
It's almost July. Do you know where your Mexican street corn is?
Depending on where you live, we're about to hit fresh corn season. And you know what goes great with those sweet kernels? Mayo, salty cotija, tart lime and a hint of smoky chili. You're craving it already, aren't you? My friends, I give you the taste of summer: elote.
Elote (Mexican street corn) recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Total time: 15 minutes
- 4 ears corn
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese (substitute with feta if you can't find it)
- 4 lime wedges
- 5 teaspoons chili powder
- Grill shucked corn until blistered on all sides. Alternatively you can grill corn in the husk for a less charred version.
- Spread mayonnaise on a dish, and roll the ears of corn in it to coat.
- Sprinkle the mayonnaise-coated corn with shredded cotija cheese.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice over each ear of corn.
- Sprinkle about 1 teaspoon of chili powder over each ear.