I’ll take extra cherries in my Shirley Temple mojito, please. The cherry was my favorite part of a Shirley Temple drink when I was a kid. I used to ask for extra, and now that I’m the one making the drinks, I like to load it up with cherries.
More: Rhubarb and ginger mojito
Lime and fresh mint complement this refreshing drink inside and out.
This colorful mojito isn’t kid stuff, that’s for sure, but it may just make you feel like a kid again even if just for a moment.
Shirley Temple mojito recipe
Total time: 5 minutes
- 3 cups lemon-lime soda
- 1/4 cup grenadine syrup
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 ounces light rum
- 16 mint leaves
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 2 lime slices, for garnish
- 2 sprigs mint, for garnish
- 6 maraschino cherries, for garnish
More: Mojito iced green tea
- To the serving glasses, add about 1/2 the ice.
- To a small pitcher or large pouring measuring cup, add the lemon-lime soda, grenadine syrup, lime juice and rum. Stir together.
- Gently roll the mint leaves between your hands a couple of times.
- Rub the mint leaves around the rims of the serving glasses.
- Add the mint leaves and 2 cherries to each serving glass.
- Top with the remaining ice.
- Pour the Shirley Temple mixture into the serving glasses.
- Garnish each glass with a slice of lime, sprig of mint and a maraschino cherry.
- Serve right away.
More: Watermelon tequila mojito
Leave a Comment