Glazed Funfetti skillet biscuits are the party your weekend breakfast needs
What a happy way to start the day! These festive biscuits are as excellent an excuse for playing with Funfetti as you'll ever get.
I like to make them in a skillet because it's so easy, plus I like how the sides of the biscuits are soft and airy when pulling them apart.
They taste like doughnuts, minus the grease. Like!
Whether eating these yummies with or without a fork, each bite tastes heavenly.
Funfetti biscuits with icing recipe
Prep time: 15 minutes | Bake time: 10 minutes | Total time: 25 minutes
For the biscuits
- 2 cups flour, for the dough
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, chilled (right out of the fridge), for the biscuits
- 1/4 cup Funfetti candy sprinkles (heaping)
- 1 – 2 tablespoons flour, for flouring the cutting board
- 2 teaspoons butter, for greasing the pan
- 1 egg, beaten, for the egg wash
- 2 teaspoons water
- Funfetti candy sprinkles, for garnish
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
More: Funfetti White Russian
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- To a large bowl, add the flour, baking powder, salt, milk, sugar and butter.
- Using a pastry cutter or a large, sturdy fork, cut the butter into the flour mixture until the butter is in small crumbles and incorporated with the dry ingredients.
- Add about 1/4 of the Funfetti candy sprinkles, and use your hands to knead the dough. Continue adding more Funfetti candy sprinkles and kneading the dough until the candy is evenly dispersed throughout the dough.
- Onto a floured cutting board, roll out the dough until it's about 1-1/2 inches thick.
- Using a 3-inch circular biscuit or cookie cutter, cut the dough into 5 biscuits.
- Grease an 8-inch iron skillet with butter, and add the biscuits to the pan.
- To another small bowl, add the egg and water. Whisk together.
- Brush the egg mixture on top of the biscuits.
- Bake until the tops of the biscuits start to turn a light golden color (about 9 – 10 minutes).
- Place the biscuits on a serving dish. Drizzle icing on top, and garnish with Funfetti candy sprinkles.
- To a medium-size bowl, add all the ingredients, and stir together until incorporated.
- Serve drizzled on top of Funfetti biscuits.