One-pot pasta with bacon, peas and Parmesan is your new go-to dinner
There's no reason to slave over dinner when you have this easy one-pot dinner in your arsenal. With ingredients everyone loves (and that you probably have in your pantry), it's great for busy nights when you're in a pinch.
One-pot pasta with bacon, peas and Parmesan recipe
- 1 pound gemelli pasta (may sub with another short pasta)
- 1 (8-ounce) container mascarpone
- 1/2 cup finely, freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups frozen petite peas, thawed
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch sugar
- 6 – 8 Hormel Natural Choice bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup reserved pasta water
- Prepare the pasta according to the directions in generously salted water.
- Once cooked, reserve 1 cup of pasta water, then strain the pasta, and return it to the pot.
- Stir in the mascarpone until completely melted, followed by the Parmesan cheese until melted, and then all the remaining ingredients, adding pasta water a little at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
- Season with additional salt, pepper, lemon, etc., to taste, if desired.
- Garnish with freshly grated Parmesan and parsley (optional), and serve warm.
This post was sponsored by Hormel.