Feast on these sweet potato and turkey wraps for lunch all week long
Your lunch routine probably needs a little bit of variety, and these wraps are just what you need to spice things up.
With just a little prep time, you can have these tasty sweet potato and turkey wraps for lunch all week long.
Sweet potato and turkey wraps recipe
Yields 8 – 10
- 1 package Hormel Natural Choice Oven-Roasted Turkey
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 cup purple onion, diced
- 1 can black beans
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 romaine lettuce heart
- Wheat tortillas or large lettuce leaves
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 dash red pepper flakes
- Peel the sweet potatoes, and chop them into 1/4-inch pieces.
- Peel the red onion, dice, and set aside 1 cup.
- Rinse the black beans under cold water.
- Wash the cilantro, and then chop 1 cup into fine pieces.
- Add the olive oil to a large pan, and heat to medium heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the sweet potato with the cumin and paprika.
- Sauté the sweet potato for 15 – 20 minutes, until tender. Remove from the heat, and let cool.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sweet potato, black beans, onion and cilantro.
- Place the Hormel Natural Choice Oven-Roasted Turkey slices onto the lettuce wrap or tortilla wrap.
- Spoon the sweet potato mixture onto the turkey slices; roll into a wrap.
- Enjoy immediately, and store any remaining sweet potato mixture in an airtight container in the refrigerator for future meals. Store no longer than 5 days.
This post was sponsored by Hormel.