I am not an avid dessert maker, so I always try to develop recipes that are super quick, simple and that taste delicious. That’s what this two-serving cheesecake mousse is — you get the same taste you love in a cheesecake, without all the hassle.
Throw a few ingredients together, make the berry topping, and you’re done. You can customize this recipe with any fruit you want, or you can use no fruit at all. And if you’re in a rush, then you can just slice a few fresh strawberries right on top and cut the recipe down to five minutes.
A delicious dessert in five minutes? Where do I sign up?
Strawberry cheesecake mousse in ramekins recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 5 minutes | Total time: 10 minutes
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla, divided
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1-1/2 cups whipped cream
- 2 tablespoons crumbled graham crackers
- 6 strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- To a bowl, add the cream cheese, powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon of vanilla and the lemon zest.
- Beat together with a hand mixer until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- Divide the cheesecake mousse equally into 2 ramekins.
- Make the strawberry topping: To a small saucepan over medium heat, add the strawberries, the remaining teaspoon of vanilla and the sugar.
- Mix together the ingredients, and let simmer until the mixture thickens, about 3 – 5 minutes.
- Top the cheesecake mousse with 1 tablespoon of crumbled graham crackers each and the strawberry jam.
- Place plastic wrap around the ramekins, and refrigerate them for 2 hours.
Before you go, check out our slideshow below: