I love, love, love anything chocolate, but I’m not really a baker. I leave the baking up to the skilled pastry chefs. Every time I go out to dinner at a restaurant, I have to order dessert because it’s just my weakness. My baking repertoire isn’t too expansive.
So as a non-baker, whenever I’m in the mood for something chocolaty and there’s nothing else around, this is a recipe I can make: a Nutella mug cake.
It takes only four minutes, and I don’t even have to turn on the oven. This one is made with Nutella, but you can customize it and add any ingredients and flavors you like. Add fruit or nuts — you can’t go wrong.
For this recipe, all you have to do is mix together all the ingredients, place it in mugs and cook in the microwave. You’ll have to try it out yourself to see how easy this recipe is.
More: Chocolate cake in a mug
Nutella mug cake recipe
Prep time: 3 minutes | Cook time: 1 minute | Total time: 4 minutes
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3-1/2 tablespoons Nutella
- 5 tablespoons half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- Whipped cream, for garnish (optional)
- Melted Nutella, for garnish (optional)
- Caramel, for garnish (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, brown sugar, egg, Nutella, milk and oil. With a hand mixer on low, beat until all the ingredients are mixed well.
- Spray a mug with nonstick cooking spray. Add batter only halfway up the mug.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute. If your mug cake is still not set, microwave for an additional 2 minutes in 30-second intervals until the mug cake is set.
- Garnish with whipped cream, a drizzle of Nutella and a drizzle of caramel.