I love chocolate chip cookie dough — all kinds. From the classic recipe to a more elaborate cookie with the fixings, they’re all delicious. I even love trying new and fun DIY recipes, like turning chocolate chip cookie dough into “bowls” — the perfect vessel for ice cream sundaes.
I was a little skeptical to make this recipe at first because I thought it was going to turn out horribly wrong, but it isn’t as hard as you may think. You can try it out with store-bought cookie dough to start, and once you get comfortable with the technique, use your homemade cookie dough recipes.
This recipe is perfect for girls’ night, a birthday party or dessert for one. You can also customize the cookie to any cookie you prefer, and you can experiment with different types of ice cream — you can’t go wrong with this recipe.
More: 32 ways to make your best chocolate chip cookies yet
Chocolate chip ice cream bowls recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes | Bake time: 10 minutes | Total time: 15 minutes
- 16 ounces cookie dough
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Chocolate syrup (optional)
- Chopped, roasted nuts (optional)
- Maraschino cherries (optional)
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- On a floured surface, roll out the cookie dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut the cookie dough into 6 equals rounds.
- Spray the bottom of a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Drape a cookie dough round over the back of each muffin tin, and press down so the cookie is pressed against the muffin tin. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes, until the cookies are baked and golden.
- Let cool on a rack for 5 minutes, then carefully remove the cookie bowls from the muffin tin.
- Fill with a scoop of ice cream, and serve with your favorite sundae toppings, like chocolate syrup, nuts and cherries.
Before you go, check out our slideshow below.