The days of the frozen veggie burger made of 4,000 random ingredients you may or may not recognize are so over. We can do so much better. Make a quinoa burger with black beans, corn and topped off with guacamole. Hello, flavor and superfoods!
Quinoa and black bean burger with guacamole recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Total time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 avocado, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 4 sesame seed hamburger buns, toasted
- Potato chips, for serving
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, black beans and corn.
- Season the quinoa mixture with salt, pepper, chili powder, garlic powder and onion powder. Mix until well combined.
- Add in the beaten egg, and mix to combine.
- Using your hands, divide the quinoa mixture into 4 equal parts. Make 4 equal-size patties out of the quinoa mixture.
- Place the quinoa patties onto a nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until the burgers are cooked through.
- While the burgers are cooking, make the guacamole.
- In a bowl, mash the avocado with a fork. Add the lemon juice, jalapeño, red onion and tomatoes. Mix until the ingredients are combined.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place the quinoa burgers on hamburger buns, top with guacamole, and serve with potato chips.