Make your veggie burger more mighty with black beans, quinoa and guacamole
The days of the frozen veggie burger made of 4,000 random ingredients you may or may not recognize are so over. We can do so much better. Make a quinoa burger with black beans, corn and topped off with guacamole. Hello, flavor and superfoods!
Quinoa and black bean burger with guacamole recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Total time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 avocado, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 4 sesame seed hamburger buns, toasted
- Potato chips, for serving
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, black beans and corn.
- Season the quinoa mixture with salt, pepper, chili powder, garlic powder and onion powder. Mix until well combined.
- Add in the beaten egg, and mix to combine.
- Using your hands, divide the quinoa mixture into 4 equal parts. Make 4 equal-size patties out of the quinoa mixture.
- Place the quinoa patties onto a nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until the burgers are cooked through.
- While the burgers are cooking, make the guacamole.
- In a bowl, mash the avocado with a fork. Add the lemon juice, jalapeño, red onion and tomatoes. Mix until the ingredients are combined.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place the quinoa burgers on hamburger buns, top with guacamole, and serve with potato chips.