How to Make Cannabis Banana Muffins in Just a Few Easy Steps
Have overripe bananas? Instead of tossing them, use them to make cannabis muffins.
Yes, you read that right: We have a chocolate chip banana muffin recipe that is pure perfection — and it's delicious with and without the cannabis butter (if you choose not to dose it up for your medicinal or recreational pleasure).
They're easy to make, too. All you need are the following ingredients: four very ripe bananas (the browner the better), three-quarters cup of sugar, one-third cup of cannabis butter (or regular butter if you want to opt out of the cannabis), one egg, one teaspoon of vanilla, one-and-a-half cups of flour, one teaspoon of baking soda and a pinch of salt.
Now, onto the directions...
First, melt the butter in a glass bowl. Add ripe bananas and smash it all together until it's creamy.
Add the sugar, the egg and the vanilla, and whisk it together until well blended.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture. Stir until it's well combined and there are no flour clumps.
Fold in the chocolate chips. Spoon the batter into a greased muffin pan.
Bake the muffins at 350 degrees F for 20 to 23 minutes, or until the tops of muffins are barely golden-brown, rotating pan halfway through. Let it cool, and remove the muffins from the pan. Enjoy!
Prep time: 15 minutes | Bake time: 20 – 23 minutes | Total time: 35 – 38 minutes
- 4 very ripe bananas (the browner the better)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cannabis butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt the cannabis butter in a glass bowl and add the bananas. Mash the bananas with the butter until creamy.
- Add the sugar, egg and vanilla. Mix until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and a pinch of salt.
- Pour the flour mixture into the banana mixture. Mix well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into greased, unlined muffin tin cups until they're about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 20 to 23 minutes, rotating the muffin pan halfway through, until they're just golden-brown on top.
- Allow them to cool before serving.
A version of this article was originally published in May 2016.