Chocolate chip-cannabis cookies that make it hard to eat just one
Gone are the days of chalky edibles that taste like patchouli. Enter the perfect chocolate chip-cannabis cookie recipe. The key to these bad boys is butter. By using mostly real butter and only 1/4 cup of cannabis butter, the cookies stay fluffy, soft and so chocolaty. One cookie is a nice, light dose, but they are so tasty you'll have to restrain yourself from eating them all.
You will need the following: softened unsalted butter, cannabis butter, light brown sugar, granulated sugar, 2 eggs, vanilla extract, flour, baking soda, sea salt and a bag of chocolate chips.
Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Place the unsalted butter and cannabis butter in a metal bowl, and place the bowl in the oven until the butters just start to melt but are not completely melted. Take the bowl out of the oven, mix well, and let cool.
While the butter is in the oven, mix together the flour, baking soda* and salt.
*If baking at a high altitude, use slightly less than a full teaspoon of baking soda, close to 3/4 teaspoon.
Allow the butter to cool.
Mix both sugars into the butter until well combined and fluffy. Next, add the vanilla and eggs. Mix well.
Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture, and mix until a dough forms that sticks together when you pinch it. If the dough is too wet, add more flour 1 tablespoon at a time. If the mixture is too crumbly, add a spoonful of softened butter.
Fold in the chocolate chips until just combined.
Roll the dough into medium balls, 12 to a sheet. This recipe will make about 16 cookies. Bake for 12 – 15 minutes, rotating the tray halfway through.
Remove the cookies from the oven when the edges are just barely golden brown. The cookies will be light in color and fluffy. Do not bake until the whole cookie is golden brown, as that will overbake them. Let the cookies cool, and then enjoy!
Cannabis-chocolate chip cookie recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes | Bake time: 12-15 minutes | Total time: 22-25 minutes
- 12 tablespoons (1-1/2 cups) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup cannabis butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups flour (plus a little more)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (a little less if baking at high altitude)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16-ounce) bag chocolate chips
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a metal bowl, place the unsalted butter and cannabis butter, and the place the bowl in the oven until the butters just start to melt but are not completely melted. Take the bowl out of the oven, mix together, and let cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Once the butter has cooled, mix in both sugars.
- Mix in the vanilla and eggs.
- Add the flour mixture, and mix until well combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into 1-1/2-inch balls.
- Bake 1 sheet at a time for 12 – 15 minutes. Rotating the tray halfway through the baking time.
- Let the cookies cool, and enjoy!