3 totally different chicken recipes from Real Simple's new cookbook
Fans of Real Simple magazine know one of their most beloved columns, 10 Ways. That's where they show you 10 different dishes you can make from one ingredient. Well, they've taken that idea and turned it into a handy cookbook organized by ingredient. Each recipe takes 30 minutes or less for an ordinary mortal to make.
The authors of Dinner Made Simple were kind enough to share three chicken recipes from the book, and we love them all.
Crispy chicken with coleslaw recipe
Prep time: 20 minutes | Total time: 20 minutes
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 small head red cabbage, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 2 carrots, grated
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Whisk together the sour cream, vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Add the cabbage and carrots, and toss to combine.
- Pound the chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap until 1/2 inch thick. Season with 3/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour, dip it in the eggs, and then coat with the breadcrumbs.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the chicken in batches in the canola oil until golden brown and cooked through, 4 – 5 minutes per side.
- Season with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Serve with the coleslaw and lemon wedges.