When I think spring, carrot cake is always a thought that passes through my mind, especially since my sweet tooth never sleeps. When you’re looking for a couldn’t-be-easier-to-make treat, this microwave mug cake is what you need.
Just a few ingredients and a few minutes are all you need to deliver dessert in no time. Carrot cake mug cake is loaded with all the goodies of a traditional carrot cake, but this option is a one-serving sweet delight.
Toss the ingredients together, pour the batter into a large mug, pop it into the microwave, then dig in! Easily double this recipe, and serve it with whipped topping or vanilla ice cream for a finishing touch. Keep in mind that you need a large (at least 14-ounce) mug to make this.
More: White chocolate mug cake
Carrot cake mug cake recipe
When you have a craving for something sweet but nothing in the house, you can easily make this carrot cake mug cake for one — in no time flat!
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 2 minutes | Total time: 7 minutes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons shredded carrot
- 1 tablespoon shredded, unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon raisins (optional)
- Whipped topping or vanilla ice cream, as topping
- To a bowl, add the dry ingredients, and whisk to combine. Add the egg, milk, oil and water, and whisk until smooth.
- Fold in the carrot, coconut and raisins (if using).
- Transfer the mixture to a large mug with at least 14 ounces capacity.
- Microwave for about 1 minute, 50 seconds. Note that the cake will puff up over the top of the mug, then deflate when finished cooking.
- Remove, and allow to cool slightly before eating. The inside of the cake can be very hot.
- Garnish with whipped topping or vanilla ice cream.
More: Chocolate mug cake