Mother's Day cupcake bouquet will make you Mom's favorite
Moms love flowers, sure. But anyone can hand over a bouquet. If you really want to wow her, make this bouquet of cupcake flowers. This visually impressive feat is easier to pull off than you'd think, and we're here to show you how it's done.
Now who's Mom's favorite?
Mother's Day cupcake bouquet recipe
- 1 box strawberry cake
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tubs vanilla frosting
- Food coloring
- Foam ball
- Mix together the box cake, eggs, oil and water.
- Pour the batter into 2 lined cupcake pans, and bake for 15 – 18 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let cool completely before frosting.
- For white flowers, use the frosting as is. Otherwise, color your frosting with your preferred color.
- Use the piping tip associated with the flower you would like to make (we're doing hydrangeas, so we're using a 2D tip), and make each cupcake into a flower.
- Trim the lower portion of your foam ball so it sits flat on your vessel (pot/platter/basket).
- Place a toothpick in the bottom center of the finished cupcake. You can use more toothpicks to secure the cupcakes if necessary.
- Place a few leaves into the foam bowl. Voilà!
Before you go, check out our slideshow below.