Spectacular galaxy cake pops to celebrate Star Wars Day
Happy Star Wars Day! Yes, it is May 4, and you know what that means. It means you need to make these super-easy galaxy cake pops. We were inspired by Heather Baird's black nebula cake and wanted to try something a young baking Padawan could pull off.
Check out our handy tutorial below. And yes, we're saying it: May the 4th be with you.
Galaxy pops recipe
Yield: 24 pops
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1/2 jar chocolate frosting
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Candy melts (black, blue, green, purple)
- Edible silver glitter
- White chocolate chips
- Combine the box mix with the eggs, oil and water.
- Bake in a 9 x 9-inch pan at 350 degrees F for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely, and then crumble.
- Fold the frosting in with the crumbled cake.
- Form into balls.
- Freeze for at least an hour.
- Melt some chocolate chips, and dip your pop sticks into it and then into your cake ball. Place back in the freezer for a few minutes to set.
- Melt your different colored candy melts individually, then carefully place all of them in a bowl without mixing them too much.
- Dip and twirl each frozen cake pop, and shake off excess.
- Add stars! If you have sprinkles, great! If you don't, then dip a toothpick in melted white chocolate, and tap onto your pop.
- Using a brush, dust on edible glitter.