Make a pineapple cake, because you need something this adorable in your life
Why make a pineapple cake, you ask? Because you can. Because it's cute. Because it's so easy. Bake up a yellow cake, slice it into a pineapple shape, frost, and enjoy all weekend. Oh — don't forget to Instagram that baby first. Here's how to make this adorable cake.
Pineapple cake hack
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 cup pineapple Greek yogurt
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 10 drops yellow food coloring
- Yellow frosting
- Green frosting
- Chocolate frosting
- Green glitter frosting
- Gold glitter frosting
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, Greek yogurt, pineapple juice and yellow food coloring. Mix until well combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Bake according to the box instructions.
- Once the cake has cooled, start shaping your cake with a sharp, pointed knife.
- Put your yellow and green frosting into a piping bag. Using piping bags makes it easier to frost the pineapple leafs.
- Add accents by using chocolate frosting to create a diamond pattern, and then use gold glitter frosting to add dimension to the bottoms of the diamonds.
- Trace the pineapple leaf with green glitter frosting for a finishing touch.
Before you go, check out our slideshow below.