Dessert for one: Single-serve jumbo chocolate chip cookie
It’s 8:30 p.m., dinner is finished, dishes are cleaned up, you’re finally about to relax on the couch with whatever Netflix series you’re currently obsessing on, and boom — the sweet tooth craving hits. I mean, that does happen to you, right? This can’t just be me.
Of course, there are plenty of those mug cake recipes out there — cakes cooked in a microwave in just a few minutes. They’re all well and great (and I definitely partake in my fair share of them), but sometimes you just want a chocolate chip cookie, you know? Not 12, just one big chocolate chip cookie to get you through the night, so the remaining 11 aren’t sitting there, tempting you for the next three days every time you walk into the kitchen. This recipe makes just that. And if you’re feeling really generous, don’t worry — it’s big enough to share too.
Single-serve jumbo chocolate chip cookie recipe
Total time: 15 minutes
- 1-1/2 tablespoons softened butter
- 2-1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 whisked egg
- 1/3 cup whole-wheat white flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, sugar, salt, vanilla and egg, and whisk together until smooth.
- Add the flour and baking soda, and stir until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, and then transfer the batter onto the cookie sheet.
- Spread into a circle about 4 inches in diameter. Top with additional chocolate chips if desired, and bake for 8 – 9 minutes, until golden brown around the edges.
- Remove from the oven, and let cool for about 5 minutes to set before eating.