I love using my slow cooker. I’ll happily use it all winter and summer long. The best part is the whole “set it and forget it” aspect. For these lettuce wraps, I threw in a few simple Asian ingredients, added in my chicken breast and slow-cooked until perfection. After it was done cooking, I added it to some crispy lettuce wraps and sprinkled it with toasted sesame seeds. If you love your wraps spicy, drizzle them with Sriracha sauce!
More: Easy weeknight slow cooker chicken tacos
Slow cooker Asian chicken lettuce cups recipe
Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 4 hours | Total time: 4 hours 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon grated lemongrass
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 heads hydroponic butter lettuce, leaves pulled off
- Sesame seeds, toasted
- To a large slow cooker, add the stock, hoisin sauce, garlic, soy sauce, honey, ginger, lemongrass, chili paste and fish sauce. Whisk to combine.
- Add in the chicken breast, toss to combine, and cook on high for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours, remove the chicken from the slow cooker, and shred it. Add it back to the slow cooker, and toss with the juices.
- Add the shredded chicken to the lettuce cups, and top with toasted sesame seeds.