Pineapple chicken teriyaki is your new favorite grilled food
The next time you're planning to grill chicken, skip the barbecue sauce, and whip up a batch of this easy teriyaki instead. The sweet-and-savory flavor of the chicken pairs perfectly with a side of Bush's Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, so dinner will be ready to serve in a snap.
Pineapple chicken teriyaki recipe
For the sauce
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sesame seed oil
- 1/4 cup dried onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons water
For the chicken
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 pineapple, cored and sliced
- In a saucepan, combine all the ingredients except for the cornstarch and teaspoon of water.
- Bring the mixture to almost boiling (the sugar should be dissolved).
- Combine the water and cornstarch, and mix until there are no lumps.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the pan, and mix.
- Stir continuously until the sauce starts to thicken, and then remove from the heat.
- Once the sauce has cooled, pour it over the chicken, and let it sit in the fridge overnight.
- Heat the grill, and add the chicken breasts. Cook for 20 minutes or until the meat reaches an internal heat of 170 degrees F.
- Add the pineapple to the grill, and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
This post was sponsored by Bush's Beans.