It’s a cupcake disguised as a mint chocolate chip ice cream cone. It’s sneaky. And yeah, that’s a whole lotta frosting. But we’re totally down with the joke on account of its deliciousness.
This treat is perfect for kids’ birthday parties — and for young-at-heart adults. It’s pretty simple to make, too. Just bake cake batter in cones, add a scoop of frosting and top with chocolate sauce and a cherry.
Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
- 1 box vanilla cake mix plus ingredients as indicated in directions on box
- 2 teaspoons peppermint essence
- 10 drops green food color
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup vegetable shorting
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 6 drops green food coloring
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 24 cake cones
- Chocolate sauce
- Whipped cream
- Cherries (with stems)
- Make vanilla cake mix following manufacturer’s instructions on box
- Add 2 teaspoons of peppermint extract
- Add 10 drops of green food coloring
- Add 2/3 cup of mini chocolate chips, mix by hand
- Fill cake cones 3/4 of the way
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 12 minutes
- Let cool
- To make frosting, mix butter and shortening on high with a mixer
- Once butter and shortening are combined, add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time
- Thoroughly mix in peppermint extract and food coloring
- With a rubber spatula, fold in 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Once cake is cooled, use an ice cream scoop to top your cake and finish with chocolate sauce, whipped cream, sprinkles and a cherry.
Before you go, check out our slideshow below.