When you need a treat fast, you’ll want to reach for these gluten-free, no-bake honey-almond cereal bites. Not only are they super easy to make, but they include healthy ingredients too.
Drizzled in melted chocolate with almond butter and honey included in the mix, you’d never take these treats for anything but delicious. They’re so simple to make (perfect when little hands want to help in the kitchen), and you likely have all the ingredients you need.
These no-bake bites are similar to a cookie but a world apart, since there’s no butter or flour or baking involved. They’re crunchy, sweet and fun to serve. What could be better? I added ground flaxseed to the mix, just for a healthy ingredient that goes unnoticed, except that it adds to the nuttiness of these goodies.
Note: Gluten can be found in many different foods and products, from ketchup to soy sauce to candy and seasonings. While SheKnows tries to ensure that these recipes are gluten-free, carefully read the ingredient labels of all food and food products you use for these recipes to ensure they are also gluten-free.
No-bake gluten-free honey-almond cereal bites recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes | Inactive time: 30 minutes | Total time: 35 minutes
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal
- 1/2 cup crunchy almond butter
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal (ground flaxseed)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup gluten-free chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil or shortening
- Waxed paper
- Place a sheet of waxed paper onto a baking sheet, and set aside.
- To a bowl, add the cereal, almond butter, honey, flaxseed and cinnamon. Mix well until combined.
- Roll the mixture into 2-inch balls, and place them on the baking sheet. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until firm.
- To a bowl, add the chocolate chips and coconut oil, and melt in the microwave, heating in 10-second increments until melted. Stir to combine.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the cereal bites. Allow to set before serving.
Before you go, check out our slideshow below.