Want something new to serve on the family table, and you have less than half an hour to spare? Don’t fret — this quick and easy fish recipe is just the one for you. Use fresh ingredients if you can, because they make a world of difference to the quality. I tried this recipe with freshly squeezed orange juice, and the result was so satisfying. You can adjust the amount of soy sauce because the saltiness and tartness of the oranges can differ in every situation.
For the fish, I suggest using only white fish. It can be fresh or frozen, but of course, fresh always gives the best result.
Pair it with a simple salad or even steamed white rice for an Asian edge. Whatever accompaniment you choose, this will surely be a great healthy dinner to look forward to. Buon appetito!
Image: Rowena Dumlao-Giardina/SheKnows
20-minute orange-pepper fish fillet recipe
With a simple flavoring of freshly squeezed orange juice and lots of pepper, your simple fish fillet can get loads of flavor.
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Total time: 20 minutes
- 4 slices white fish fillet
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (from 2 oranges)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, julienned
- Olive oil (or other kind of oil, for cooking)
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Fresh chives, finely chopped
- Fresh salad, to serve with the fish
- Prepare 3 small bowls for the whisked egg, flour and breadcrumbs.
- Dip each fish fillet into the flour, shake off the excess, then into the egg and finally into the breadcrumbs.
- At the same time you are cooking the sauce, cook the fish too.
- In a small saucepan over low-medium heat, combine the orange juice, lemon juice, soy sauce and ginger. Cook for about 10 minutes, until slightly thick. Season with pepper. Set aside.
- In a hot, medium-size saucepan with olive oil over medium heat, brown both sides of the fish.
- When the fillets are cooked, transfer them to a plate lined with paper towels to absorb the excess oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve while still hot with the sauce and some salad.