Creamy, dreamy mac and cheese combined with meaty sloppy Joes is comfort food heaven on earth. What’s even better — it’s a 30-minute, one-pot meal.
Hot and right off the stove, this mashup tastes so good and is for sure second helping worthy.
For the best of both worlds, this yummy combo is comfort food to the max.
One-pot sloppy Joe macaroni and cheese recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 25 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound lean ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 teaspoons hot sauce (or to taste)
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 cups cooked (al dente) elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (or Velveeta cheese, cubed)
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives, for garnish
- Heat a medium-size skillet on medium heat, and add the olive oil, onions and bell pepper.
- Stir and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add the ground beef, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Continue to stir as the ingredients are cooking, until the ground beef is thoroughly cooked.
- Add the ketchup and water.
- Stir together. Cover with a lid, and simmer on low heat until the mixture thickens (about 8 minutes).
- Transfer the sloppy Joe mixture to a medium-size bowl, and set aside for a moment.
- Heat the pan on medium heat, and add the cream, milk, cheddar cheese and mozzarella (or Velveeta cheese). Stir until the cheese is melted.
- Add the macaroni, and stir until the mixture thickens.
- Fold in the sloppy Joe mixture. Salt to taste.
- Serve while warm. Garnish with chives.
Before you go, check out our slideshow below.