Are you feeling lucky? Maybe you will be after we tell you about our latest cocktail creation, the Boozy Lucky Charms Milkshake. Combining your favorite childhood breakfast cereal with vodka is so wrong it’s right, especially when you throw in your own marshmallow-flavored cereal milk.
Isn’t this kind of how we should have been eating this cereal all along?
Boozy Lucky Charms milkshake recipe
Makes 1 serving
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- 1/4 cup Lucky Charms marshmallows for garnish
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1-1/2 cups Lucky Charms milk (recipe below)
- 1 ounce vodka… or more, no one’s watching
- Food coloring to preference
- Sort cereal until you have about 1/4 cup marshmallows.
- Fill a pastry bag (or a clean, empty plastic bag with a 1/4-inch diameter hole cut out of one corner) and fill with marshmallow creme. Squeeze from the open end until all the air is out.
- Combine ice cream, cereal milk (recipe below) and vodka in a blender. Blend until combined, then add green food coloring gradually, mixing until you reach desired hue.
- Pipe marshmallow creme over the shake and then sprinkle marshmallows on top.
Lucky Charms milk recipe
Based on Milk Bar’s recipe
- 3 cups Lucky Charms cereal
- 3 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread out cereal over parchment paper on cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Toasting brings out a richer flavor, but it also gives a caramelized taste due to the marshmallows melting slightly, so skip this step if that’s not your scene. Let cereal cool completely.
- Combine milk and cereal in a pitcher and let steep at least 20 minutes, longer if possible. Strain and chill until ready to use.
Before you go, check out our slideshow below.