Nestlé USA is recalling millions of products due to complaints of foreign matter being found in various frozen foods.
Apparently some of these products may contain fragments of broken glass. The company was made aware of the issue after several consumers called and complained to the company that they had found particles of glass in their meals.
The company believes that the origin of the contamination was its spinach. The products being recalled include:
- DiGiorno Thin & Crispy Spinach and Garlic Pizza
- DiGiorno Rising Crust Spinach and Mushroom Pizza
- DiGiorno pizzeria Thin Crust Spinach and Mushroom Pizza
- DiGiorno pizzeria Tuscan-style Chicken Pizza
- Lean Cuisine Spinach and Mushroom Pizza
- Lean Cuisine Spinach Artichoke Ravioli
- Lean Cuisine Ricotta and Spinach Ravioli
- Lean Cuisine Spinach, Artichoke & Chicken Panini
- Lean Cuisine Mushroom Mezzaluna Ravioli
- Stouffer’s Vegetable Lasagna (10-ounce, 37-ounce and 96-ounce sizes)
- Stouffer’s Spinach Soufflé
- Stouffer’s Chicken Lasagna
You can see the production code, UPC and best-before date for all the recalled products on Nestle’s site.
If you have a product that’s included in the recall, do not eat it. Ingesting glass is very dangerous. Instead, you should call Nestlé Consumer Services at 1-800-681-1676, and they will tell you how to proceed.