Simplicity can amount to something very big when you hit the right combination of flavors.
Take store-bought lemon sorbet, fresh or frozen blueberries and simple syrup (an equal mixture of water and sugar cooked together), for example. When you pour freshly popped prosecco over them, a fantastic drink (or maybe dessert?) awaits you.
It is a refreshingly delicious (and adult) approach to the much-loved root beer float, but it comes with a lightness you can enjoy without getting filled up.
Lemon sorbet and blueberry prosecco float recipe
Total time: 5 minutes
- 3/4 cup lemon sorbet?
- 1-1/2 tablespoons simple syrup (optional, skip if sorbet is already sweet enough)
- 12 or more blueberries
- 1/2 cup prosecco (can be replaced with other kind of sparkling white wine)
- Scoop the lemon sorbet into a Champagne flute or any kind of glass you are using to serve the prosecco float.
- Add the simple syrup, if using, and the blueberries.
- When ready to serve, pop open the prosecco, and pour it into the glass. Serve immediately.