No-bake chocolate-almond butter cups are ridiculously easy to make
What could be better than a no-bake treat that combines chocolate and almond butter? Add a sprinkling of sea salt over the top to take these treats, well, over the top! You'll love how easy they are to make.
If you love decadent treats, you’ve got to try this recipe. If you love combining chocolate and almond butter, ditto. These candy cups are easy to make and deliver a super-rich treat.
They're reminiscent of the treats you find at the grocery checkout line, but these are made with simple ingredients and are gluten-free too. (If you’d prefer thinner layers, use a bit less chocolate when you make these.)
Note: Gluten can be found in many different foods and products, from ketchup to soy sauce to candy and seasonings. While SheKnows tries to ensure that these recipes are gluten-free, carefully read the ingredient labels of all food and food products you use for these recipes to ensure they are also gluten-free.
Chocolate-almond butter cups with sea salt recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes | Inactive time: 1 hour | Total time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- 12 ounces gluten-free semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil, divided
- 6 tablespoons gluten-free smooth almond butter
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- Silicone muffin cups
- To a bowl, add 1/2 the chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon of coconut oil, and melt in the microwave in 15-second increments. Stir to help melt the chips and combine them with the coconut oil.
- When melted, use a teaspoon to evenly drizzle the chocolate into each muffin cup.
- Place on a baking sheet, and refrigerate for about 15 – 30 minutes or until hardened.
- To a bowl, add the almond butter and maple syrup, and mix to combine.
- Use a teaspoon to evenly spread the mixture on top of the hardened chocolate. You may need to use your fingers to help spread the mixture evenly across the top of the chocolate.
- Refrigerate until hardened, at least 15 minutes.
- To a bowl, add the remaining chocolate chips and coconut oil, and melt in the microwave in 15-second increments. Stir to help melt the chips and combine them with the coconut oil.
- Again, evenly drizzle about 1 teaspoon of the melted chocolate over each muffin cup.
- Refrigerate until hardened (15 – 30 minutes). After the cups have been in the refrigerator for 5 – 10 minutes, sprinkle the tops with a bit of sea salt.
- Remove when hardened, allow to sit for a few minutes, then serve.
- Store any uneaten cups in the refrigerator.