Transform an ordinary loaf of bread into a super-indulgent snack for hungry guests. A bread bowl filled with a gooey, cheesy, pepperoni pizza-inspired dip is perfect for entertaining.
Pepperoni pizza dip in a bread bowl recipe
Serves 8 – 10
Prep time: 10 minutes | Bake time: 25 minutes | Total time: 35 minutes
- 1 round fresh-baked bread, hollowed out, reserving the bread pieces
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup mini pepperoni
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes, for garnish
- Fresh chopped basil, for garnish
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and place the bread bowl in the center.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, garlic powder and mini pepperoni, and mix well.
- Pour the pizza sauce into the bread bowl, then top it with the cheese mixture.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown.
- Garnish with diced tomatoes and basil.
- Serve warm with the reserved bread for dipping.