The biggest mistake people make when going on a diet is depriving themselves of the foods they love without seeking similar but healthier alternatives. If you love cheesecake you deserve to have it. And this easy no-bake cheesecake — made with protein and calcium-loaded superfood quark — changes the food game. Here’s the recipe for cheesecake you and your body will love.
This easy and highly customisable no-bake cheesecake doubles as the perfect dessert AND breakfast. The fibrous granola-based crust and nutritious and zesty quark filling is the perfect jump-start to any daily grind. For extra vitamins top with the fresh fruit of your choice.
No-bake quark cheesecake
Yields 8 – 10 servings
For the crust:
- 3-1/2 cups granola mix of choice
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2-1/2 cups quark
- 1 cup greek yoghurt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon heavy cream
- Fresh fruit of choice
- For the filling: in a large mixing bowl, stir together the quark and greek yoghurt. Line a sieve with a coffee filter, spoon in the quark mixture and place over a medium to large bowl. Cover with cling film and refrigerate overnight. Drain the excess liquid from the bowl the next day. Note: this step needs to be done 12 to 24 hours ahead of cheesecake preparation.
- For the crust: Using a food processor or blender, crush the granola until it is a fine crumb consistency. Transfer the granola crumbs to a large mixing bowl and mix with all the other crust ingredients until well combined.
- Transfer the granola mixture to an 8-inch pie dish or cake tin. Using a spoon, press the mixture firmly into the bottom and sides of the dish or tin to create the cheesecake base. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the quark mixture with the honey and lemon zest. Mix until creamy and smooth. Pour on top of the cheesecake base and refrigerate for 4 to 7 hours.
- If wished, top with chocolate chips, cream and your fruit of choice. Slice and enjoy.