When you want a quick and easy weeknight family dinner — and better yet, breakfast for dinner — this one-pot meal is your best bet.
No one shies away from a dish of potatoes and sausages. Together they make delicious comfort food that adults and kids alike love. There are so many ways to cook them together, and with this recipe, things are done even more simply — all in one pot in half an hour.
What you do is sauté the potatoes first, and then halfway through, add the sausages and rosemary to add a touch of herb flavor. Wait for everything to get golden brown, and then breakfast for dinner is ready. It is that easy. And guess what! There is only one pot to clean.
One-pot potatoes and sausage with rosemary recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes | Total time: 40 minutes
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and diced
- Olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 pound sausages, sliced if large
- 3 twigs fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- In a large saucepan with olive oil over medium heat, sauté the potatoes, and cook for about 15 minutes, tossing frequently to cook all sides. Season with salt and pepper.
- Push the potatoes to 1 side of the saucepan, and place the sausages and rosemary on the other side, making sure they are positioned directly on top of the heat. Cook until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Mix the potatoes and sausages together, and cook for another 5 minutes or until they turn golden brown.