Grasshopper fudge is a creamy, dreamy St. Paddy's Day treat
This super-easy fudge recipe is perfect for your St. Patrick's Day festivities and is even just the right shade of green.
White chocolate, heavy whipping cream, marshmallow creme and mint extract make this grasshopper fudge a delectable and dreamy dessert. Just a few drops of green food coloring are all it takes to transform this festive treat into a fun green color your little leprechauns will love.
Minty grasshopper fudge recipe
Yields 12 pieces
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 5 minutes | Inactive time: 1 hour | Total time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- Green food coloring (optional)
- Green sprinkles (optional)
- Line an 8 x 8-inch pan with parchment paper, and set aside.
- To a saucepan over medium heat, add the sugar, butter and heavy whipping cream, and bring to a boil.
- Once the mixture is boiling, remove the pot from the heat, and add in the white chocolate chips and marshmallow creme. Stir vigorously until the mixture is very smooth and creamy.
- Add in a few drops of green food coloring, and continue to stir until the food coloring is completely mixed in.
- Pour the mixture into the pan, and sprinkle the top with the sprinkles.
- Chill the fudge for 1 hour or until firm, and then cut into desired sizes.
- Store for several days in an airtight container.