Jazz up that boring fried rice, and infuse it with tons of flavor from garlic, red chilies, cilantro and lime while keeping things super healthy.
This easy dish is a healthier spin on the classic, with brown rice and flavorful additions. The fresh vegetables are lightly pan-fried in coconut oil for a completely delicious gluten-free meal that’s perfect for your hungry family.
Gluten-free coconut-veggie fried rice recipe
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Total time: 25 minutes
For the sauce
- 1/4 cup gluten-free soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
For the fried rice
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup sweet corn
- 1/4 cup sweet peas
- 1/4 cup diced carrots
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 cups instant or homemade brown rice
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Sliced red chili peppers
- Fresh lime wedges
- Fresh cilantro
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the sauce, and mix well. Set aside until ready to use.
- Heat a wok or a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the coconut oil and the vegetables, and cook for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Crack each egg into the wok, and stir continuously until the eggs are scrambled, about 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add in the brown rice, drizzle with the soy sauce mixture, and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, and stir in the shredded coconut.
- Divide the fried rice among the plates, and garnish with red chilies, lime and cilantro. Best served warm.