Coconut-veggie fried brown rice is a healthier spin on takeout
Jazz up that boring fried rice, and infuse it with tons of flavor from garlic, red chilies, cilantro and lime while keeping things super healthy.
This easy dish is a healthier spin on the classic, with brown rice and flavorful additions. The fresh vegetables are lightly pan-fried in coconut oil for a completely delicious gluten-free meal that's perfect for your hungry family.
Gluten-free coconut-veggie fried rice recipe
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Total time: 25 minutes
For the sauce
- 1/4 cup gluten-free soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
For the fried rice
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup sweet corn
- 1/4 cup sweet peas
- 1/4 cup diced carrots
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 cups instant or homemade brown rice
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Sliced red chili peppers
- Fresh lime wedges
- Fresh cilantro
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the sauce, and mix well. Set aside until ready to use.
- Heat a wok or a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the coconut oil and the vegetables, and cook for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Crack each egg into the wok, and stir continuously until the eggs are scrambled, about 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add in the brown rice, drizzle with the soy sauce mixture, and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, and stir in the shredded coconut.
- Divide the fried rice among the plates, and garnish with red chilies, lime and cilantro. Best served warm.